OUR FIRST CENTURY – FINISHING WELL
by Dennis W. Foust
St. John’s was founded as a local church in March of 1922. Therefore, between now and December 31, we have the opportunity and challenge to finish our first century well.
In November, we will be announcing exciting, detailed plans for January through May of 2022.
We will begin our second century with several outstanding celebrations and observances.
However, prior to beginning 2022, we must answer, “How will we finish our first century?”
Here are three proposals for finishing our 100th calendar year well.
First, we can continue to increase our regularity in re-gathering.
It is good to see increasing numbers of you in our safe and sacred spaces on Sundays.
Second, we can reorient our energies to five key areas of emphasis in our pre-pandemic chapter:
1. Relational Engagement with Guests and Enhanced Ministries of Outreach, Messaging & Media;
2. Focused Attentiveness on Young Adults and Families with Children and Youth;
3. Enlarging Our Missional Impact upon the city of Charlotte;
4. Increasing our Emphasis on Spiritual Growth; and
5. Expanding Our Expressions of Congregational Care.
Third, we can reach our Annual Financial Ministry Plan Budget income goal of $1,175,000.
Through September, the church has received $799,633.
Our giving challenge for October, November, and December is $375,367.
How can you help St. John’s finish strong as we conclude our 100th calendar year?