April 20, 2022
St. John’s Baptist Church is seeking an outgoing, team oriented individual to provide full time administrative support to our ministry staff and coordination of office operations for the church. The Church Ministry Coordinator is the primary administrative support for the Senior Minister and Ministry Staff as well as assigned Deacon panels and committees. This role schedules and coordinates events and groups using the church facilities and resources. This role handles general office management duties and oversees multiple projects and schedules workflow as part of a staff team.
St. John’s is an established ecumenical faith community continuing the ministry of Jesus in today’s world through service and progressive approaches to theological justice and peacebuilding. We are a welcoming and affirming congregation rooted in the Baptist tradition. We are affiliated with The Alliance of Baptists, The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, MeckMIN (Mecklenburg Metro Interfaith Network), AWAB, and the North Carolina Council of Churches. We have been a mainstay in the collaborative religious community of Charlotte for a century. Today, we are comprised of approximately 600 diverse and dedicated members of all ages who seek to live as light in the world.
- A high level of proficiency in the use of key computer applications (Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Professional communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality when needed
- Excellent time management skills
- Organizational skills with the ability to multitask and effectively manage details
- Professional interpersonal skills: able to interact effectively with others and appropriately set boundaries
- A collaborative, team orientation
Work Schedule: 36 hours per week (Monday-Thursday, 8:30-4:30; Friday, 8:30-12:30)
Reports To: Senior Minister
Position Summary: To serve as the primary administrative and support person for the senior minister, ministry staff, deacon panels, resource teams and spiritual growth groups while coordinating ministries including the church calendar, facility usage, membership information and ministry participation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee and provide administrative support to St. John’s Ministry Staff and related Ministries
- Provide primary administrative support for the Senior Minister.
- Coordinate the senior minister’s calendar and schedule appointments.
- Coordinate the senior minister’s resources to assist in pursuit of the church’s vision, staff & leader development, communication of message, community connections and nurturing of spiritual growth.
- Coordinate and prepare staff meeting agendas and any needed support materials.
- Coordinate projects of the senior minister by gathering & filing data and communicating with leaders.
- Coordinate senior minister’s library assisting with sermon research materials and resources.
- Coordinate scheduling of all counseling sessions including pre-marital, grief, spiritual commitments, etc.
- Coordinate all dimensions of Memorial Services (production of service bulletins, communication with Care Committee and Greeters, forms related to Memorial Garden, collecting payments and ordering of Memorial Wall nameplates, assuring nameplates are installed).
- Coordinate flow of information between senior minister, staff, church leaders and members.
- Coordinate ministry information that needs to be promoted to the congregation and community through printed resources by collaborating with Communication Director regarding printed or digital platforms.
- Provide administrative support to ministry staff
- Children & Family Ministries
- Coordinate ordering or production of resources and supplies for children’s ministries.
- Coordinate information in Realm for children, families, teachers, ministry leaders, etc.
- Coordinate, as requested, events and initiatives related to children and their families.
- Congregational Care Ministries
- Coordinate and maintain prayer list to assure it is up to date for all publications through clear communications with Senior Minister, Minister for Congregational Care and Pastoral Deacons.
- Communicate congregational care information to spiritual growth groups and care leaders.
- Coordinate production of congregational care materials.
- Coordinate significant dates and anniversaries of births, marriages, deaths.
- Coordinate information in Realm for various congregational care groups and leaders.
- Worship and Music Ministries
- Coordinate worship leaders and bulletin (input information/print/fold/distribute/file/etc.).
- Coordinate Lord’s Supper and Baptism preparations.
- Coordinate scheduling of deacons, greeters, ushers and worship leaders for Sundays.
- Youth and Young Adults Ministries
- Coordinate ordering or production of resources and supplies for youth & young adults.
- Coordinate information in Realm for youth, families, young adults, teachers, etc.
- Coordinate promotional materials for youth and young adult ministries.
- Children & Family Ministries
- Provide administrative support for spiritual growth ministries (Sunday School, small groups, etc.)
- Coordinate all Sunday School group and other rosters through Realm including annual promotion.
- Coordinate all attendance reports and attendance check-in sheets as requested.
- Produce participation reports and care reports for Sunday School Ministry Groups and help staff and Sunday School leaders use this information to communicate with groups and strive toward goals for effective care and increased participation.
- Order materials for Sunday School Ministry and other resources for church ministries as needed.
- Coordinate the preparation and production of seasonal resources for Advent, Lent, etc.
- Coordinate class or age group booklets or resources to enhance church ministries.
- Provide ministry support for Deacon Panels, Resource Teams, Task Forces, Ministry Groups, and other ministries.
- Chair of Diaconate and Church Council
- Administrative Deacon Panel (Church Administrator supports most of this panel’s work)
- Ministries Deacon Panel
- Pastoral Deacon Panel
- Coordinate guest & outreach ministry communicating with staff, groups and Membership Resource Team.
- Coordinate new member orientation & assimilation in conjunction with Membership Resource Team
- Women of the Church and Men of the Church ministries.
- Coordinate administrative and communication support for Leadership Task Force and assist the ministry staff in coordinating, communicating with and development of leaders as they are enlisted, roles are delineated, and ministry initiatives are expressed.
- Coordinate Scheduling and Use of St. John’s Facilities and Resources
- Coordinate the St. John’s Ministries Calendar including church related events, meetings, and gatherings both within and beyond the facilities of St. John’s.
- Coordinate the calendar for all uses of church facilities and equipment.
- Communicate with Ministry Staff, Church Administrator and custodians as needed for facility usage.
- Coordinate facility usage for weddings by scheduling the facilities on the church calendar, scheduling wedding space and rooms to be used in the notes for event, presenting wedding policy booklets to couple, communicating with the wedding coordinator, coordinating setup and custodial needs, etc.
- Coordinate all requests for building usage by serving as the point of contact by outside groups or members including scheduling of space & setup, assuring successful collaboration with our residential partners and outside groups.
- Coordinate van reservations and report to Church Administrator when needed repairs are reported by users.
- Provide General Church Administrative Support
- Answer phone, check voicemail multiple times daily, receive guests and manage church’s incoming email account.
- Produce informational and directional signage for events.
- Update red membership books (quarterly) for church records.
- Consistently update membership data in Realm to assure information is accurate in order to enhance church ministries, outreach, communication and caregiving.
- Coordinate and update protocols and database pathways for Realm, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.
- Coordinate all leadership database information assuring it is kept up to date.
- Manage registration events in Realm in coordination with ministry teams and staff.
- Coordinate digital check-in kiosk equipment with the ministry team responsible for these efforts.
- Change scrolling announcement screens at Main Entrance & Broach Hall Entrance foyers.
- Coordinate the weekly schedule of facility and resource usage for staff meeting (Includes custodial duties, setup instructions, resource needs, etc.).
- Manage the online church calendar.
- Manage assigned storage areas
Essential Skill Requirements
- A servant’s heart desiring to help and support others in a shared purpose.
- Proficiency in the use of key computer applications (Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, Word, SharePoint).
- Professional etiquette who personifies and promotes healthy emotional intelligence.
- Proficiency in or capacity to learn Realm software designed by Automated Church Software [ACS].
- Professional interpersonal skills: able to interact effectively with others and appropriately set boundaries.
- Proficiency in time management skills and detailed approach to office organization.
- Professional communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality when needed.
- Ensures that details are tended and stays with a project until objectives are met.
- Organizational skills with the ability to multitask while effectively managing details.
- Operation of basic office machines (copier, folder, postage meter, etc.).
- Self-starter who identifies projects needing to be done and initiates actions on behalf of the mission.
- Team player who brings people to unity through shared purposes and efforts.
- Resourceful as a problem solver with foresight and adaptability.
- Capable of seeing the larger picture while being attentive to priorities that must be addressed
$38,000 – $43,000 + benefits
Ready to apply?
If you feel this role is a fit for you, please submit a cover letter and a resume to: email@example.com. For more information and a full job description please browse our website at: www.stjohnsbaptistchurch.org