Serving through Healthcare
We’re building a place for God in our community, in the hearts and homes of people. Whether it is through supporting those with addiction or through sharing a cup of coffee with a neighbor who needs an encouraging word, we seek to be a servant church. Would you serve, too?
For those in our church family who have a special concern for the physical well-being of people in our community, there are opportunities for service through several established organizations.
Opportunities to Serve
Charlotte Rescue Mission
Founded in 1938, the Charlotte Rescue Mission has a long history of reaching out to the homeless and those battling addictions. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Planning, preparing, and serving meals for residents
- Enjoying fellowship with residents by eating, playing games, and participating in activities together
- Leading arts and crafts at Dove’s Nest
- Tutoring and reading with Dove’s Nest children
- Helping with administrative office tasks
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
This is a non-profit, grassroots, self-help support and advocacy organization for consumers, families, and friends of people with severe mental illness. St. John’s supports NAMI with office and meeting space. Volunteer support can be offered to clients by attending their meetings.
Care Ring is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing preventative health services for the uninsured, underinsured, or those otherwise lacking access to affordable, high-quality, preventative healthcare. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Providing administrative support
- Assisting with health fairs and special events
- Hosting donation drives
- Providing support for monthly mailings for Nurse Family Partnership Moms
- Sharing expertise on parenting, budgeting, and healthy lifestyles
- Providing bi-lingual support
- Assisting at a clinic with clients for Physicians Reach Out
Hospitality House of Charlotte
Hospitality House of Charlotte creates community for patients connecting to vital medical care.
We partner with AA to provide space for weekly AA meetings in the church building.
Counseling Center at Charlotte
The Counseling Center at Charlotte believes in the value of each individual. At The Counseling Center at Charlotte, they are committed to providing compassionate, and professional care to each client. They serve Charlotte and its surrounding communities, walking alongside many through their journeys.