Founded in 1922 in the historic Elizabeth neighborhood of Charlotte, St. John’s Baptist is a servant church that focuses on the love, kindness, and acceptance of the living God in action. We believe that action is focused on you, and many like you, who have come to investigate further.
Please use the links below to explore our website and learn more about our doctrine, our history, and our people! However, the only way to truly learn about our church family is to join us for Sunday Worship at 10:30 or for another church event. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Additionally, here are some frequently asked questions (and answers!) you may have as a first time guest:
What time is the worship service on Sunday morning?
- Sunday Worship is at 10:30am.
- Our worship service is traditional and friendly.
What other activities take place on Sundays at St. John’s?
- Sunday Growth Groups are at 9:15am.
- St. John’s offers Sunday School class options for toddlers, children, youth, and adults.
- A nursery for infants and toddlers up to age 4 is available during Sunday Growth Groups and Worship.
Where should I park to attend Sunday worship?
- Guest parking is available in the large parking behind the St. John’s building (accessible off 5th Street).
- Once you’ve parked, look for our “Main Entrance” and a friendly greeter will direct you to the sanctuary or the right group.
- Click here to see a map of our church grounds and buildings.
What should I expect during the worship service?
- St. John’s has a traditional worship service. Our Chancel Choir leads us in worship through song each week, and are often joined by our children’s and youth choirs.
- Senior Minister, Rev. Dennis Foust, Ph.D., delivers a weekly sermon encapsulating progressive Baptist theology.
- Lay leaders offer prayers, scripture readings and other expressions of Christian faith during our service.
Contact us to find out more.